Friday, February 08, 2008

New threads to play with...with special meaning

A sweet friend ,Susan Nixon from Desertsky and cq4funlivejournal blogs has been working on a quilt which represents strong and special women in her and her friend's lives. Last year she asked about my mother because she knew I had a close relationship with her,and I sent her a photo of mom to use in her quilt. I was so thrilled and touched that she would want to include a photo of mom, but to find she has started a hand dyed thread business offering gorgeous threads and using names of the strong and special women who's names she has collected is too cool and such a huge honor.The first threads are named "Lois", after my mom. Mom loves teal and mauve, so these threads are in those colorways. I cannot wait to see new colors being added and the special women represented by Susan. This was a great idea and will give my stitching a more personal touch. Thanks Susan ,you are a sweetie. Susan sells the threads in her etsy shop and will be adding more in a week or two so please check back.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Pat: My mom's name was Lois, too! She was another wonderful person and great mom. I'll have to buy some Lois thread! Marjorie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!