Friday, January 18, 2008

Two more 2" squares for MM project




I feel like I may be getting the cold my husband has,so I stayed in today eating oranges and sipping wellness tea while stitching from time to time on the 2" squares for the Monica Magness Pink Artist project. I find myself doing things in threes a lot, so I will send off these three little items tomorrow. Monica, if you find yourself short,please don't hesitate to ask for more. These are really fun to play around with. Naturally, I tend to match things, and these were no exception. I found myself grabbing for the same threads and fabrics but hope they are different enough to work with whatever you intend them for. Oh my! I didn't realize the little altered children made their way into the last two. Someone had better keep an eye on those little rascals! Now it is time to clean up my little mess and grab a magazine....whew! Rough day! NOT!!!
(I know that word isn't used anymore, but so what :-))

10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Did you sew it all by hand? I'd love to try something like this but I don't consider myself a sewer- much more comfortable with a bottle of glue- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just beautiful Pat! Not that pink is my favorite color! lol
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a pink lover myself - your pieces are great.. perhaps I will do a few :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are exquisite!

    Jenny in Australia
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/AThreadInTime

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pieces - I especially like the little girl.

    I hope you didn't come down with a cold, or if you did, that you used Airborne or something to chase it away quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 2" blocks for Monica are just adorable. I don't for the life of me figure out how you get all that on a 2" square. Way to go girl!
    What do you use in between the front and back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh these are darling. Inspiring...I have not started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, your squares are stunnnnnnning and are perfumed to boot! I r'cvd your lil beauties yesterday and will post them to my blog shortly. Thank you for giving so generously of your time & energy... I can tell immediately that YOUr heart is in each piece. I'm in awe of the amount of technique (embroidery, beading, collage, etc) you managed to get into each square. Brilliant!!!! *sniff* and they smell yummy too! :) xo, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knowing how little 2x2 is...you managed to get so many wonderful little details in each square. Beautiful!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat, you sure fit a lot of detail onto 2" squares! They are terrific!

    I'm working on mine still.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!