Friday, December 28, 2007

Reflecting on 2007 &Personal hopes for the New Year


Well, Christmas is over and the New Year is almost here. Reflecting on the past year, I can truly say it was a good year filled with many blessings. I do think 2008 will be even better.

Like this little country angel, I too have gathered endless blessings in my gingham cloth this year.

I was fortunate to have met a few angels.

I have made new friendships online for which I am grateful, I have had a renewal of faith in people, and I have gained a bit of confidence in myself and know my opinions count and are just as valid as another's. I have been inspired by various artists, I have found I am a much better giver than a receiver,and my eyes have been opened to see other's as they are.

Disappointments have been few, Smiles have been plentiful,and my heart has been warmly touched almost daily by the many wonderful comments,emails,and surprises by once strangers. Also by the many generous women who donated to the Comfort Doll Project. I honestly didn't think this project would take off like it did. I like to believe it was meant to be and it will continue as long as there is a need.

I believe life is what you make it. No person is in charge of making you happy...that is all up to you. I choose to see sunshine on a cloudy day, rainbows at night,and smiles inside every grumpy person.

My personal goals and hopes for 2008 are few. I do hope to finish a personal project,continue my many crazy quilt projects,and see my family,friends, and myself healthy throughout the year.

I will continue gathering and sending off boxes of comfort dolls, I will take time for my morning exercises,I will try to inspire freely and continue to teach and live blissfully,because that is who I am. I will continue to respect other's opinions and hope they return the favor.

I will remove deadlines and create on my time even if it is 2:00 in the morning. I will enjoy my garden and home because it is my heaven on earth. I will take each day as it comes and make it the best I can.

~~~~~and for you my friends, I wish you faith in yourself, health,happiness, love,true friendships, and endless blessings in 2008.

5 comments:

  1. Love your thoughts for 2007 and goals for next year...My wishes that you have a wonderful 2008 creating and enjoying your home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with you about making your own life. =) Taking the time to do it your way is a great 2008 goal. =)

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pat

    What a wonderful message. You sound like you do have a little spot of Heaven on Earth where you are and within yourself and your family. How great that you appreciate what you have. We should all slow down and appreciate what is here before us.

    I too have projects I would like to finish this year but do hope to enjoy the process or else why are we doing it.

    My best to you and yours.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are so nice , so are you :) I like the idea of making your own way and do everything in your own rhytm.
    I wish you all the best in 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your thoughts and reflections to be very inspiring. I always enjoy reading your blog. I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your 'crayon thing' and put it on my blog. I gave you credit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!