Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I was tagged when I wasn't looking!!!!

Mary Frances Main tagged me when I wasn't looking!!! Here are my answers..........

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Both. It depends on the shape of the package. I love to wrap a package though,but those pretty bags really come in handy for odd shaped gifts.

2. Real or artificial tree?Artificial. I always loved the aroma of a real tree,but hated just killing it and tossing it out each year. Besides, I don't have to wait on anyone to help me bring one home when I am ready to decorate.

3. When do you put up the tree? When the mood strikes.

4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after New Years day.

5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT! But I now buy the fat free...tastes the same to me. I still limit to one quart per season.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A huge cardboard pink kitchenette which "Santa" broke one chair when he sat on it after putting it together.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? A small one

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A huge empty box from a neighbor boy who asked me to exchange with him one year. It was the last!

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?Both but mainly mail,but if postage keeps climbing....none.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas in Connecticut

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving I try to buy what I haven't made.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? A piece of mom's fruitcake. Yes, I said fruitcake. If you had a slice, you would see why. It isn't hard or gross like store bought ones.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights outside and colored on the tree and stairway.

14. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas by Bing Crosby!!!!!

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer. Absolutely not....been too long.

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? My father's violin

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas Eve now that my son is grown, then we can sleep in and enjoy Christmas day ......all day. I clean up after we open so we wake to a clean house and stress free day.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Grocery shopping lines..when you only want to buy two items.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? No,I use mainly vintage German glass ornaments from my childhood mixed with new glass shaped ornaments from friends and my son's hand made ornies as a boy. I have many, so I use 1/3 each year and swap out the next.

21. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing ,at Santa's request.

22. Least favorite holiday song? Either the barking dogs "Jingle Bells", or "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer". Not sure why I can't tolerate either one.

23. Favorite ornament? A clear round frame with my dad's photo in it which was taken on his last Christmas.



1 comment:

  1. I just popped over to see if you had posted anything! I just LOVE to see people's answers! :-)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!