Friday, December 07, 2007

Cloth book for a friend. "Tuscany"











Someone recently asked me what my process was to create a cloth book. I am sorry, but I can't remember who it was,so I can't email you. Hopefully you will see this post.

I made this book a few years ago for my friend Lilla. She likes the Tuscan theme, so I went with that and pulled fabrics that meant "Tuscany" to me.

Blue skies, sunflowers,rusts,and a touch of wine. My story began with the title cover,'Italian Dreams". The next page represents Lilla dreaming of Tuscany. Next is the sunflowers,sunshine, and blue skies.Next was the page which shows the little table set with a glass of wine and a snack near grapes growing on the vine,then a stroll through a garden.The last page represents our friendship,my hand reaching out to say hello. The back cover was a beautiful pre patched fabric trimmed with a simple rust leaf fringe. This is how I tell the story in my cloth books. My first cloth book, "Gathering Memories" which you saw in Quilting Arts Summer #14,was made the same way. I hope this helps.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece of work - beautiful color schemes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, gorgeous book - just lovely page after page. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lakenreich8:42 AM CST

    What a beautiful book-it almost looks vintage-I love it--Leslie k

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book, this post, this connection you have with your friend makes my heart melt. Happy holidays Pat & thank you for sharing this story & art book with us. My head is still spinning from its beauty, I must sit a moment.... xo, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi pat
    oh how wonderful-i love everything about it-the colors are rich and inviting:)so cozy
    what a beautiful gift for your friend
    tammy
    crookedheartart.blogspot.com
    tjo196@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's one lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!