Wednesday, December 12, 2007

By chance?


I just found another delightful blog after browsing my pal Terri's blog. It is Lavender Hill Studio by Penny. Grab a cup of tea and go enjoy!It is filled with some of my favorite things,which also greets you with that exact song.

Speaking of song greetings, a few days ago I was posting on my blog and "fanangled "to add a few Christmas songs. I love Bing Crosby's White Christmas but could not find it. It played day in and day out around the Holidays at my house as a child,my father's favorite Christmas album. This is my sweet father snuggling me. He was the best and I miss him so very much.

Well, the next morning I browsed a bit in blogland and could not believe my ears when the air filled with Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" from Terri's blog. I sat and wept like a baby. It was as if dad was saying, Hi angel, I'm here!

Needless to say, I immediately sent a short email to tell Terri, and the sentimental dear heart that she is, sent me a quad CD set of Bing Crosby. It arrived this afternoon and I naturally wept,but not too much as my husband is home and I feel foolish being so sentimental around him. Friday when my husband goes to a work related Christmas party (all guys) I will be popping the champagne cork and listening to every song on each CD with a smile on my face,warmth in my heart, and no doubt, a tear in my eye.

Terri, I cannot thank you enough for what you did for my spirit. Today I placed a photo ornament of dad on the tree. I haven't been able to motivate myself to decorate it. It has been up with only lights for a week now. Tonight, it will get the works!!!!! Thanks,from my heart and soul.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Dear Pat ~ this gives me such joy! Love is stronger than death ~~ feel your Dad's love and tender touch all around you. He is so handsome and you look so much alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing for her to do. I was just going to go see if the link I had was to his song, but then I saw she sent you a whole set of CDs. You have a great time tomorrow in your private celebration of Christmas and your dad.

    Paul has always known I'm a crier. He carries a hankie in his pocket just for me when we go to movies. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!