Monday, November 26, 2007

New dragonfly doll



This little fragrant creature was born last night. Her colors are softer in person. She flew into my imagination and soared around my creative place until she was complete with small petite beaded flowers and stampings on her wings. Her wings are feather stitched with a beautiful thread Ellen had given me to try. Yes, it is purple.It is by Ricky Tims and is called "Razzle Dazzle",a machine embroidery thread which I am really liking for hand embroidery.

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh Pat, she just flew right into my heart! Happy day to you, Monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling. I love dragonflies, I'm trying to do one in stump embroidery but not done yet. I did a bee and it was fun. Just learning to crazy quilt... Oh what fun!!
    Have a great day
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat I wanted to vote for your quilt but which one is it?? The Title?
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dragonfly baby. Thanks for the thought about Ricky Tims' thread. I hadn't bought any, because I wouldn't use it with my machine, but maybe by hand would be a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little dragonfly doll - she's lovely! :- )

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow ! now I see what you were so excited to excute from your vision ! This turned out so beautiful.

    Thanks for the tip on Razzle Dazzle, Will try that soon.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    The Dragon Fly Baby is just wonderful.
    xo-S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh Pat the broaches are just beautiful and the doll well she is lovely, as always you are such an inspiration..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!