Wednesday, November 07, 2007

More of my favorite things......



I found two sweet pictures at an estate sale shortly after moving here 18 yrs ago. One of them is the little girl putting a hat on her dog. Later I found this German doll with her nose destroyed which no one wanted so I put her on a small sconce with a porcelain dog figure and placed a doll hat on the dog to mimic the photo...I know it was silly,but I found it sweet and a fun thing to do. It has been there for 7 years and no one has ever noticed.

I had a tea shop for a short time and collected many tea cups. These are some of my favorites on a shelf which my mother made in high school.

The little wooden angel is another gift from a friend. I really love the primitive angels.





The flocked metal brown monkey was found at a moving sale in the bottom of a box of German ornaments. It was a huge surprise to find it was actually an antique perfume holder. It has a cut glass crystal perfume vial inside it's body. You remove the head and there it is! I love it. When I showed it to a friend, she accidentally broke one foot off. He is leaning against his friendly turtle...as we all need a little help from our friends sometime! I will try to repair it one day. It is one of my most favorite things .

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the way you have a matching bonnet hanging on the edge of the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!