Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dyeing ribbons and new fabric source find











Monday night with a tip from a gal from the IE show ,I discovered a new huge JoAnn fabric store a short distance past Merrillville. It was amazing. They had silk Dupioni for $5 a yd. I also found some crinkle fabrics in the remnant area. They had everything under the sun including greeting cards. I am going back very soon for beads. Their selection was overwhelming. These are a few of the fabrics that made it home with me.

Yesterday Ellen invited me for a dye day. She had just returned from Houston and has to head out again on Friday,so I accepted because she is tons of fun to visit.
I dyed some intense colors and used our secret method which I find very rewarding. I was happy to find the new fabric stash matches my newly dyed silk ribbons. That should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Leslie Kenreich2:20 PM CST

    A Joanns with silk-lucky you. Sounds like a great find-I wish our new Joanns was that nice. Your ribbons are beautiful. Hugs Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love ,love the ribbon!! and the silks are beautiful, lucky you!!

    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you're so lucky, dupion silk costs £8-£15 a metre here! I've been busy making you know what.. and it's now finished!!!! I'll hurry to send it !!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!