Saturday, September 22, 2007

Very pleasant read,Thanks Courtney!

This book has been spoken for,thank you.
Two days ago I received a book in the mail from Courtney Prudhomme. A friend passed it on to her and she posted on her blog for someone to speak up if they wanted to read it. Well, I spoke up,it arrived but I didn't have time to pick it up. I took the time last night to check it out, and ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting. It was very enjoyable and very much resembled my mother's life as a child during the Depression. Thank you Courtney for allowing me to enjoy this.

Now I am supposed to pass it on, so who would like to read a story the Washington Post describes as ,"A perfectly lovely story about perfectly awful things"? If you enjoyed "The Secret life of bees", you will enjoy this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    I would love to read it if you haven't promised it out already.
    Thanks! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, I am too late! But maybe I can find it used on Amazon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too late too I guess. I LOVED the Secret Life of Bees!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!