Saturday, September 01, 2007

Playing with metallic threads/opinions wanted

This block is not finished but it is what I have been working on when I got a few moments the past couple days. I am trying to feature the metallic threads. I am ashamed of my stitching on some of these seams. I am staying with the basics on this one.
Can I ask your opinion ? Do you notice the threads in the seam treatments? Do the images take the focus off of them? This will be edged in the same trim that is around the fan and seed beads added. I appreciate any feedback. Sometimes you get stuck and need a fellow stitcher's eye. TIA.

9 comments:

  1. IMHO I think that the metallic threads inhances the silks. Very lovely block. judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I think the stitching and images balance each other nicely, I noticed them at the same time. Metallics are more difficult to control aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats really pretty. I think the metallics are fine, I was drawn straight to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the metallics, too.
    The large cotton lace motif at the bottom might enjoy having some sparkle added to it, to integrate it with the other shiny-ness in the block...
    It really is lovely, Pat.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Chad is my son and he was signed in on my computer! *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat I really like the look of the metallics. I tend not to use them as often as I should ... lol since I have so many ... because they are a little more difficult to handle. But after seeing these seams I think I will get them out and play with them today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I think the balance draws the eye around the top of the piece. I agree with 'Chad'/Allie that the big piece at the bottom could use some sparkle - perhaps sequins/beads or sparkle threads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, it's a lovely piece. I personally think that the metallic threads enhance the images, as well as the other fabrics.

    And I also agree...the bottom piece needs some sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The metallic threads look lovely on there Pat,
    But like the other girls, I think the lace piece at the bottom needs a bit of sparkle to balance it all off beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!