Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fast and easy lunch
















I just finished mowing the lawn and decided an early lunch was in order since I rarely eat breakfast and was actually feeling hungry. I thought I would share two super fast treats with you. I buy cooked,deveined, and flash frozen shrimp which I always keep in the freezer for quick meals. There is no quicker meal than this. If you like shrimp scampi, you will love this recipe. Rinse your frozen shrimp and remove the tail. Melt 1 tsp of butter in a skillet,add shrimp and shake on approximately 1 1/2 tbsp of McCormick Parmesan Herb seasoning. Cook until shrimp is thawed and you see the "sauce" thicken. The cheese mixed with butter and shrimp juices make a wonderful sauce. I just eat this alone when I have it for lunch. Have a small side salad and you have added your veggies. When I make it for dinner I put it on Linguine.

The Warm Caramel Cider is a drink I copied from Starbucks. Pour a cup of apple cider,not apple juice in a cup and heat in microwave until warm. Pour in about 2 tbsp of caramel sauce and stir,top with whipped cream and drizzle with a bit of the caramel sauce.The caramel sauce brings out the tartness of the cider perfectly. Sit on your porch or patio and enjoy the Autumn Bliss!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy!..sounds wonderful Pat,
    And I see the cream is "fat free", I could handle that!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm - sounds Yummy!! Quick and Easy to boot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm off to the grocery store now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat, I'm sorry I made you hungry!!!!
    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!