Sunday, August 05, 2007

How I come up with ideas????


I gathered some fabrics and trims based on the image of the lady with the Plum colored hat. Why Plum? I blame this on Ati. Yes, Ati has been picking fresh fruit and making fresh Jam which made me think "fruit". This in turn sent a subliminal message while I was choosing an image for my next project. Plum colors began piling up on my cutting table, then out came the trim drawers. Naturally, the trims I chose were rich Plum tones from Flights of Fancy,with a hint of mint,so there you have it, my next purse project will be Plum with a hint of Mint.....PLUM CRAZY!!!!! This is how it usually goes when a project "happens". I spend little time planning a project. They seem to flow in every tiny crack of my mind ,trickling in faster than I can create at times. I tried to make a journal ,several times in fact,to use for future projects only to stare in confusion at the squiggles and chicken scratch I had hurriedly jotted down. If I have a project in mind, I have to start it immediately,then gather all supplies. Perhaps it is Creative ADD? (Not intended to make light of ADD)
Well, I suppose I should grab some paper and figure out a pattern for this purse. Yes, at least I do plan that part. I am not a seamstress or sewer of machines,and I do not like store bought patterns. Not sure why, I loved it in Home economics class. Maybe it is the rebel in me? Stop laughing, I can be rebellious....really I can. Ok, that's it..I am off to sew! Wait, I have to share a post on something Ellen gave me.......

2 comments:

  1. Just the way you have things laid out in the picture, I can tell this will be beautiful. I love how the colors compliment each other, and that silkie is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan. I worked on it yesterday and may finish embellishing this evening or tomorrow. I appreciate your nice comments you leave me.I am sorry if I don't get back to you sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!