Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gorgeous Vintage treasure from Ellen






























This silk garment was given to Ellen from a schoolmate years ago. Ellen passed it on to me because she knew I could use it as stash. Well, I intend on doing just that eventually. I just have to get used to the idea of cutting it up. It is like a piece of Art. Soft pale Aqua and lilac silk with stunning appliqué and trims. It is Oriental in style and shows a little age which makes it even more beautiful. I hope someone got use from this jacket because it is gorgeous.
When I get brave I will salvage the yards of delicate trim before I cut into the fabric. It will be painful,but I plan on creating something for Ellen with it first. After all, it was from a friend who wanted her to have it. Thank you Ellen, I am soaking up the beauty for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, and perfect colors. It reminds me of India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Oriental jacket is lovely I rekcon I would have a difficult time cutting it up too. I am sure Ellen will love anything you make and it will even be nicer as a surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!