Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Project for a friend in Singapore


I wanted to share this purse I am making for a very sweet lady in Singapore named Wendy Shu. I met her through Etsy when she was inquiring about crazy quilting. I sent her a few small bits and fabrics and one day I was surprised with an envelope filled with gorgeous tatted trims and embellishments with Delica beads. Well, I loved them so much that I recently commissioned some of her pieces for my projects I sell because I can't bear to use the ones she sent me. Anyway, in return I am making her this purse. I do not know what color she likes and I hope this will please her. I found more of the pale coral and green flower trim at JoAnn Fabrics last week that match perfectly! I will share the finished purse hopefully tomorrow. I am always nervous when making something for someone in hopes the color is right. The tatted heart in the yellow area upper right is one of her pieces.

3 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous purse, and she's bound to like it. The colors are lovely and soft, and the workmanship is exquisite. She will feel blessed to have received it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Very pretty. I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just keep getting better and better, Pat.
    The tatted heart is wonderful, too.
    She'll treasure this...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!