Monday, July 30, 2007

My comfort doll joined the group.....finally


This little comfort doll was born last night around 7:00. She has been hanging around in my mind and never quite escaped until now. She was conceived around 5:00 and delivered at 7:00, quite a fast delivery. That's how I like em! :-)

When I started this project, I made a promise to myself that every group that goes out includes one from me. I am not a doll maker as most of you know, so this was intimidating. I put it off until the last minute in hopes that a miracle would happen and one would show up on my desk. I chose CQ...what else?This one looks lopsided but it is the angle in which I took the photo. This one has a tag that reads,"Believe" in hopes that the recipient will believe in herself and a brighter future.

Thank you Vanessa for sending me the pattern , and thank you Ronda Kivett for making the pattern and having it available for all at www.kivett-studio.com

5 comments:

  1. She is lovely, Pat. The bead work is just beautiful. You must work at the speed of light! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yur doll is awesome! I will be sending out two dolls to you tomorrow (Tuesday) for your comfort project... It is such a great idea... as one who has beaten by a man once and once was enough for me, I understand how it hurts more t hen just the bruses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat she is beautiful!! Hopefully you will have to make a lot more of these dolls. I know I plan to keep on making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered when we would see a doll from you. She is gorgeous!!
    Mine are sitting here waiting for me to get 'around' to writing a note to go with them...
    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so far behind on blog hopping, I have spent some time on your blog with all this gorgeous eye candy. Love your blog hon!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!