Wednesday, May 09, 2007

slide show update~muslin

I have updated the recent CQ slide show for those who questioned using a muslin base. Yes, I do use a muslin base. If you look closely you can see it is a beige tint behind the "ciggie" and fabric, that is the muslin. I forgot to say "using a muslin base". Sorry. Also, for those who are having trouble with puckers, make sure you press each piece you sew on as you go. When using assorted fabrics in CQ you must take into account fiber content. Velvet "crawls",some fabric stretch, satins "slip", etc. Using the muslin base gives stability, and a guide to show when to stop. I cut the muslin 1 1/2" larger than the project I am working on. Hope this is clear for those in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!