Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fun news to share!


I just found out that my purse "Sea Whisper's"was among the finalist/runner's up in the Beaded Bag V challenge. Not bad from 202 entries, and not being a "Beader".

It was more collage than beads, but was fun to enter and share with other's.I am very honored they even wanted to see it in person.This challenge was from Beadwork magazine. You should browse the gorgeous eyecandy from this challenge.

I made the fabric for this purse by chopping bits of sheer and metallic fabrics then machine embroidering together. Then I added the image of the little girl listening to "Sea Whispers" and embellished around her with sea shells,beads,and an antique doily. The clasp is a beautiful vintage metal with a swan on each side to accept the chain. It was given to me by a dear friend in Michigan, Leslie Kenreich.

10 comments:

  1. How cool is that? It's a great bag. I betcha Leslie loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Pat! What a beautiful bag. I followed the link to the others and enjoyed see all the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAW thats stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, your bag is beautiful. Congratulations on placing, that is totally awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really special..more of an art bag than strictly CQ, too. Congratulations, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really intriguing. Congratulations that would be exciting, good on you. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bag is so wonderful and just so you! Thanks for sharing it, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat, this is just gorgeous, and congrats hon. Everything you do has style, and this is just another example. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!