Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New River behind my house
















It has been raining all night and hasn't let up until a few minutes ago when I ran out to take these photos of our usually trickling creek. I was in my studio when I looked out the window and was amazed to see a river behind my home. It looks so cool to see this "river" because our little creek (Sand Creek) is usually barely trickling water. As I approached the creek the rush from the flow sounded dangerously fast. I have never seen it like this in 17 years.
We need this rain to encourage beautiful blooms, so I am not complaining. I just had to get some shots of the creek in this shape. I will post what it usually looks like when it returns to normal.
So, rainy outside.....sounds like a stitching day! Off to finish up a project for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!