Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Therapy: Blogging and CQ





Today I lost a brother- in- law. He was a wonderful fellow who I can only describe as a free spirit. He lived in Colorado with his beautiful wife Debbie who my heart breaks for.They owned a mountain top which looked out over the most beautiful Aspen valley on one side and Pikes Peak on the other. They build a beautiful log cabin a few years ago and loved nature.
My feeling of helplessness is overwhelming and all I can try to focus on is working on my CQ and sharing it with you. So, to answer some earlier posted questions. Right now my "Birdsong" CQ measures 45" square but I think it may be growing soon . I left the muslin back on which measures 54" square. I have no idea what size it will become.
I started choosing some patterns from Christine Dabbs and Marsha Michler's books to embroider and punch needle. Birds ,feathers,and trees. I also have my porcelain birdbath ready for the center piece. If you have birds you have to have a water source right? I added some fabrics from yesterday's trip. Now to do some stitching on other fabrics before adding them to the CQ. I find it much easier that way. Embroidering on a whole pieced quilt is so clumsy. I will continue to show progress as it happens. I hope everyone is having a sunny day on this Official first day of Spring. ( I still say the 21st is the first day)

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Pat, you have my heartfelt condolences..I lost my brother not yet a month ago and the grief is so difficult. Please take care and know that you're in my prayers.
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 PM CDT

    Pat I am so sorry for your loss. love and hugs Marian in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,

    Sorry for your loss...I'll keep you in my thoughts.

    Looks like this CQ is going to be very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest peacefully in all of our heart string's Pat! Thinking of you today! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Words cannot express the hurt my heart feels for you with the loss of your dear brother in law. May the gentle, loving of God's unseen presence surround you and yours in this time of great sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your BIL, Pat. His home sounds so beautiful.

    The birdsong is really going to be gorgeous! Finding comfort in stitching is a time-honored way to deal with grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:15 PM CDT

    So sorry to read about your loss. I hope time, spring and stitching will soothe the loss for you and your hubby. Marjorie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!