Sunday, February 18, 2007

Felting Machine??????Oh my!!!!


Well, after seeing the new felted projects Micki has been creating, I have decided to start my hunt for a needle felting machine. A few years ago when I "met" Hermajesty Margo" I loved what she was playing with. Not that my work will ever compare to her luscious projects, but it sure is beautiful and too tempting not to try.I tried Margo's method of felting by hand and loved the results. I recently saw Margo's new article in QA magazine and today I browsed Micki's new projects. I swore I would not buy more machines, but I really need this one.(don't I???) Purses,pendants,scarves so many ideas swimming in my head.

Now to research to see if I should by a machine or buy an attachment. I think I should just buy a machine because they say the lint gets heavy and you wouldn't want that in your sewing machine.
There happens to be a Janome dealer in the next town, which my hubby works in. I may have to take him lunch soon :-) Since the shop is on the way, why not stop?????

If anyone has preferences on these machines, or a helpful suggestion, please share.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Pat. I didn't see an email address so I wanted to thank you for stopping by and for the link to my blog. Glad you liked what you saw.

    I have only had my Janome Xpression a little over a week and really have only used it twice. It is really very easy to use and it can be addictive. There are so many things I want to try.

    With your talent I am sure you will have no trouble at all creating many marvelous items.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:16 AM CST

    Pat,

    I have a Babylock Embellisher and like it better than the Janome embellisher because one can adjust the height of the pressure foot. I don't have a blog, but would be willing to share pictures of purses I have made with my embellisher if you wish to write to me at:
    catsmith@onlinenw.com

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, again. Just wanted to let you know the height of the pressure foot can be adjusted on the Janome also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Janome Xpression and I find the presser foot adjustable, simply by loosening the screw that holds it in place and sliding the foot up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:57 AM CST

    I am sorry if my information about the Janome not having an adjustable pressure foot was incorrect. I was told that information and should have checked the information myself. I do love my Babylock Embellisher and the fact that it has seven needles. Six of the needles can be removed for whatever configuration I wish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!