Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Year, New stitching arrangement.....Your'e invited.


After taking down the Christmas tree I rearranged furniture to better suit my stitching needs. I moved my "comfy" $3.00 chair near the window and placed my Ott light next to it. I swear I could fall asleep in that chair. Everyone should have a room or corner of a room where they can set a cozy chair with good lighting and stitch away the afternoon. I love how the room smells of rich vanilla and Claire Burke Original scent. As you can see, today it is all white outside from our snowfall yesterday and this morning. My jars of "Mermaid's tears " line the windowsills. I could make scissor fobs for every CQer in the world!
If you would like to come stitch and chat over a pot of tea, I have a spare chair in the opposite corner just waiting for you. You can use the ottoman, I chose to curl up in my chair to stitch most times. I will share my brownies too! Any takers?????

8 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader of your blog but I'll come sit in the other chair and knit/sew with you - for hours and hours on end! I live out in the middle of nowhere so I don't see too many people in a day. Your room is beautiful. I love that little doll carriage.
    Sheri in GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:08 PM CST

    Pat, I love this room and I'll be right over and stitch with you. But
    I bet we do more talking than stitching. LOL
    Love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one fabulous chair! I can't believe the $3 price tag! It reminds me of a chair I had once, I think they called them barrel chairs. There was enough room for me and both my boys to curl up!

    I would *love* to come stitch! If I'm ever anywhere near you, you can believe I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, cozy, inviting room. Thank you for sharing...and you can bet that if I could, I would be right over. So I'll sit in mine with a cup of Earl Grey tea with a touch of sugar and stitch thinking of your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Pat, for the lovely words and the hugs. You are so right about having the awesome memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so nice and cosy, I would like to join to stitch a bit and having a cup of tea. Is it okay that I wait until Spring is coming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pat I wish I could take you up on your offer. One day when I can't resist the urge I'll hop in my car and come up your way for a visit and chat!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!