Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A bit of stitching


This block is in the early stages as you can see. I am trying a new approach by using colors not in my fabrics to embellish with. It is harder for me being a "matcher", but it is interesting to see it grow. I did remove stitching last night which I rarely do. This block is brown and teal blue. I am using a rusty mauve and olive green along with browns and teal blue for embellishments. I will keep you posted to see if this is a "bust" or a happy experiment.

I keep having to put down the teal and brown threads and ribbons. It isn't easy to change habits.When I introduced the rusty mauve, the block "popped" so, I am encouraged. We shall see.

3 comments:

  1. You know this is leading you in an exciting new direction...don't stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:09 PM CST

    beautiful Pat, you go girl.
    janice T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The block is looking great! I think it will be a succesful experiment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!