Thursday, December 21, 2006

The wait is over!!!

The $100,000 Quilting Challenge winner has been chosen and will be introduced on the Today Show on Jan 9th. Although it was not me, I was thrilled to hear the news. It has been such a long wait that it is a sigh of relief to know it is over. I wish the winner the best, her quilt is beautiful. They all were. It was an exciting episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I want to thank all of those who were so kind to give me your vote. I appreciate your support and well wishes. I never realized how many "strangers", wrote me private notes to wish me the prize. I was very touched by that. Thank you. I honestly cannot wait to have my CQ returned to me in 2008. I hope to see it on display in Rosemont IL at the Spring Quilt Fest in April. Is anyone attending the show? Perhaps we could meet?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Pat! I am so glad for you for being on the today show. We would love to see the video clip if you can wing it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillian, I am not the winner. It was a white machine quilted whole cloth quilt that won. Thank you for the good wishes though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I can't imagine what got more votes than yours, but I still think yours was the best, in spite of having seen some of the others in person at PIQF the last two years. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I bought the magazine just to have the picture of your quilt! It is gourgeous and you deserved to win! You have my vote, anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, you did all of the crazy quilt community very, very proud with your lovely entry.
    I'm glad your wait is over...wish you had won, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I knew about this earlier, you would have gotten my wote!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!