Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Special arrival #3




Lilla surprised me with a box that smelled heavenly. As I opened it, the familiar scent of lavender filled the air. My knees got weak when I pulled out this amazing piece of handwork from Lilla. I tried and just can't capture the beauty of the fabric she used in this bag. It was bought from New Zealand on Lilla's recent visit to her mother's home. This is an amazing piece I must tell you. First of all, it is purple!!!!! Lilla made six of the most perfect images of beautiful ladies which surround this bag and separated with delicate silk ribbon floral trim and layered with an ecru lace. She embellished each lady with silk ribbon embroidery, beading , and sequins. Her named is embroidered on the bag which is so cool. Are you wondering where the lavender scent came from? She made a matching sachet and placed inside. Lilla you are always surprising me with your work, you certainly outdid yourself on this piece. I will treasure this forever. To know you made this for me is just so touching and I have the warm fuzzies all over. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and time. This is so gorgeous.

3 comments:

  1. Pat, glad you like the sewing bag.
    I did bring the Lavender from NZ too. Mum grows it in her pretty garden, at 92 mind you.
    Hope you have a splendid holiday time. aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful Pat. Lilla must be a very special friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!