Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Secretary? Me?

Well, I jumped into a fire again. I think I need a personal assistant to tell me what to do. I accepted a temp secretary position, only for three days, for my brother's friend. Yesterday was my first day. First of all, I am not nor have ever been a secretary. I answered phones all day, and did some paperwork now and then. But mostly.....I stitched! He asked if I brought a book, and I replied,"No, but I do have a stitching project for my lunch hour." He said to go ahead and stitch! Cool huh? Anyway, I know secretary's have a tough job. I only did a 10th of what the reg gal did. I want no part of it. I did enjoy the stitching though. The sitting was not for me. I wanted to sweep or clean, but he said he has a girl for that. So, I sat and embellished this pouch front. I pieced two others this morning to embellish today. Tomorrow is my last day, and then I will put them together on Thursday.

If anyone is interested in a job telling me to "JUST SAY NO!", please , you're hired! I have a ton of projects and orders to catch up on Thurs and Fri, so there goes the week. Next week, I'm not answering the phone and I'm wearing a shirt that reads, NO! Have a nice day everyone, especially the secretary's! Let's see what today will bring......................

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Pat...I can imagine what his face must have looked like when you said you wanted to sweep and clean...I used to be a secretary - and the sitting can drive one to drink...I'm just glad that I am at home and can move around when I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    I don't know how you do it!...you are the most busiest, generous person I know.
    But I can relate to not being able to saying "sorry NO!"
    We need to practice that word..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!