Friday, October 27, 2006

Blissful Ribbons are just that!















If you are a crazy quilter or embroiderer, you know we have to build our stash piece by piece in order to afford our hobby. After listening to many of my CQ friends frustrated over not finding beautiful dyed silk ribbons at good prices, I decided since I dye my own, why not offer my services to others. I imagined how nice it would be for friends to open their ribbon drawer and have all the colors they wanted to work with at their fingertips and not have to mortgage their house to do so.

I bought ribbons for years and have spent a small fortune. I feel I have paid my dues, and now I dye my own. This is why we learn our little lessons in life and hopefully have the chance to pass on what we learn to help others. This experience also happened with printed images which I had paid upwards of $12.00 per image. Geez! What was I thinking? I'm not out to bad mouth anyone, or any company, but with this economy, and this gentle art we are striving to keep alive, I intend to do my part. If this means offering my ability to dye ribbons at a better price, than so be it. I am not opening a ribbon business, I am a one person, private dyer offering my service to friends.With the small circle in which I am offering this service, I am not harming any business of other's. So before the rumors fly, and they will, you heard it straight from the horses mouth.

Enough of that..now on to what makes my heart sing...here are my fist replies from my first ribbon dyeing venture: Glorious Ribbons arrived yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!Pat, they really are more beautiful than any I have ever,ever purchased anywhere else......How can I thank you........I am so happy with them!!.....and the way you package everything-it just feels like a wonderful present when things arive...and of course it is!!!!! Maire C from NY

Oh,Pat. My beautiful ribbons have arrived,and they are just scrumptious!! Charlene from SC

Thank you ladies. I am honored to have dyed ribbons for you. It was fun, and I am so happy you were pleased. Now, you have fun playing with them!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 AM CDT

    The pictures are absolutely LOVELY!!! Taking on new clients????? Would love to see these for myself! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still looking at my beautiful ribbons I got from you. They are so delicious. Have not dared to use them yet. But I know I will soon. Just have to find the right moment to use them. I am sure you will get a lot of orders now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free market enterprise. No one can tell you that you don't have the right to conduct a business, and if someone else doesn't like your pricing, then they ought to be competing fairly, not crying, "Foul!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the ribbon colors are just yummy! Are you doing this through etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I'll be in touch soon for some Lake Michigan woods greens.....what a welcome service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MRS WINTER!!!! I am trying very hard to resist this offer, and when you keep bringing it up, it's not easy! The only thing standing between you, me, and that ribbon (apart from a few thosand miles) is the fact that my dad and his paypal account are in the UK right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, I am sorry. Whip me with wet ribbons! I will be dyeing for a while, don't worry . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allie, I'll be working on some! Also some sand dunes and Lake MI water, sunsets, etc.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, I have been taking orders through my email addy, however I will be offering sets on ETSY very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. shortoldady, Yes, I offer to anyone who is willing to play with them. I do not dye with recipe's, so my ribbons vary in color per batch. I think it is more interesting this way, definately a lot more fun surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat your ribbons are beautiful colours, I would like to buy a few, please contact me!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!