Thursday, October 12, 2006

Beautiful sunrise this morning

I awoke to this beautiful pink and purple sunrise this morning. Blogger wouldn't let me put it on until now. It is cold here today, in the 30's. I had to pick a few frozen leaves off my windshield this morning. I went to my mom's to work a little more on her hardwood floor. We are stripping it to the natural oak. It is quite a job. After the carpet and pad was removed, I rented a floor sander. It only removed the sealer , and it left marks. Now my two brother's and I are trying to do it by hand with electric sanders. They have dust bags on them, but it just is a dirty,long process. I keep telling myself it will be worth it. We have 450 sq ft of wood to redo. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise helps starting the day a little easier though.

I just wanted to mention, the deer was in the yard. It lost it's cute spots, but is still visiting. :-)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the long run. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:21 PM CDT

    It seems that you live in a really beautiful place. You must feel fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelieveably beautiful, and an excellent photo, as well. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!