Sunday, September 03, 2006

Spiderweb Rose instructions


I hope you can read these directions for the spiderweb rose. I can't seem to upload the directions in order so I had to group them in printshop. This rose is very simple, and a favorite of many. It is even more beautiful when using edge dyed ribbon or variegated. You can also use two colors of ribbon to get the Hybrid rose look. Hope this helps those who asked for help. The directions can also be found in just about every silk ribbon embroidery book.
#1 and #2 are ok, but #3 and#4 are below.

#3 reads: Tie ribbon off under rose near center on back.Using a lazy daisy stitch make rosebud if desired.
#4 reads: Add lazy daisy leaves and Japanese stitch on rose bud. Stem stitch a stem and you are finished.

4 comments:

  1. The picture is easy to enlarge a couple of times by clicking. The top two are easy to read, the bottom two not so much, but still readable. It was nice of you to go to all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty site you have with such yummy things! I knew IN has dunes but have never seen them, although I've traveled back and forth through the state quite a bit (Indianapolis mostly). I love the idea of dunes and fresh water--although I grew up on the Cape mostly, I'm a lover of alpine lakes and mountain scenery first, and lovely rolling meadows second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try this spiderweb rose next. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pat. I am going to have to make some of these right away!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!