Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sad day ,lost a deer


This morning I found one of the deer on the side of the road in front of my home. I knew this was going to happen, but it is nothing you can prepare for. After watching them grow all these weeks, and spending afternoons watching them eat apples it was as if they were our pets. I heard tires squeal last night around midnight but figured it was teenagers doing what they do. Now I realize it must have been a car trying to avoid Adam or Eve. It was sad to see the last baby looking toward it's sibling lying on the ground. It ate some apples and ran off. I hope it returns tomorrow. How sad nature can be.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no......That is horrible. I feel so sorry for you. I hope the one who hit the deer got a BIG bump in his car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that is so sad...I am so sorry for the loss of one of the deer. I have come to really care about them through your telling us about their lives. Hope the other one returns...you are in my thoughts cause I know you really cared about them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sad thing, but sadly does happen all the time. We just had a young deer visit for awhile at the back of our property.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad, and I sympathize with your feelings. I hope you see the other one again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other deer returned! Thank you ladies for your caring thoughts. It is hard not to "adopt" an animal no matter if it is wild or domestic. Perhaps it is the nurturing gene we have???? It was good to see the little fella.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!