Friday, September 29, 2006

Paper-like thread/yarn

This is the thread/yarn that I knitted the necklace from. I bought an end spool at a knit shop in Evanston when I went to Vogue fabrics a while back. It reminded me of seaweed and the shop sold all of the "end spools" really reasonable. The reason I called it paper-like is because of the small paper looking pieces woven into the string. The bits look like mulberry paper, but since it is a yarn and would be washed at some point, I guess it must be a fabric of some sort. It is really a neat find I think. I wish I knew what it was called so I could give more info.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a delightful blog! Thanks to Allie, this is my first visit... I've been enjoying reading/viewing past entries. I love the pendant you made in exchange for silk scraps, and all of your bags send me right into estacy! I'll be back for sure!

    This thread/yarn is wonderful... neat color too. I've never seen it before, but if you asked to talk to Marci, the owner, of Weaving Works in Seattle, WA, I bet she could tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention... The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorite books too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!