Sunday, September 10, 2006

Keeping busy


Well, first I want to report the return of the last deer. It was by the pool last night and looked well but lonely. At least it is still alive and eating.
It has been raining all day and the forecast calls for a continuation thru Tuesday. What does this mean? STITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grabbed my umbrella this morning at 6:00, still dark outside, and went to have coffee at mom's and waited for daylight so we could venture to the beach. We were the only ones there, and it was very peaceful. Warm breeze and rain, nothing like it. It was a great day for sea glass because when it is wet you can see it better. After I returned home I went to work on some UFO's. I am almost finished embellishing and ready to assemble this swing purse. I love the soft vintage look it has. A few more seams and the clasp goes on.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that the deer came back. It was probably scared when the accident happend, but now he/she knows that there is a safe place by you.
    You are talking about sea glass. What is that?? I do not live near by the sea so I am curios. Do you use that in your CQ or just for decorations??

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Britt, sea glass is made from bottles,dishes, crockery, anything that would break from crashing waves against rocks. It tumbles the broken bits for many years and washes ashore. A nice smooth piece has been in the water for 50 years or more. They are so smooth and frosted. I love finding the cobalt blue ones, and ruby red. The 30 year pieces are smooth, but still clear. I collect them all, but some people only collect colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!