Sunday, September 10, 2006

European Market in town


Our town has a "European Market" every Saturday downtown in the park. It is always so crowded that I never seem to want to go, however last Sat I took a stroll to see what all was being offered this year. They sell cheese,pastries,handmade soaps,fresh garden items, jewelry,doggie treats,you name it, they sell it. On my way to my car I happened upon a booth of the most gorgeous silk garments. I was very tempted to buy something, and I have a feeling I will before it closes for the season. It is just so hard to decide. I spoke to the creator of these lovely things and being a crazy quilter, I had to ask what she does with her scraps of silk. She said she would bring me a bag next weekend. I am one who believes a favor should be repaid, so I made this pendant for her usinf marbled silk fabrics. I think she liked it, and I went home with some silk to play with...both happy ladies indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that has to be exciting, getting a supplier for silk scraps. :-) The pendant is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pendant is beautiful. I love going to markets like the one you went to. You can discover so much fun and interesting. I am sure you are going to do beautiful things with the scrap of silk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pendant is wonderful..the scale of the imagery and embellishments is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! I always love to see what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!