Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I am a $100,000 Quilting Challenge contest finalist!!!!!

Well, I got quite a surprising and unexpected call the other afternoon. I had entered a crazy quilt in the $100,000 Quilting Challenge and I did get a request to send it in for a closer look, but never imagined it would be a winner in the semi finals. Yes, I am among the 40 who are in the running for the Grand prize of $100,000. I was told my crazy quilt will be featured in the Oct 31st issue of that magazine. Also, you, the public get to cast your votes starting that day as well. You can go to the site or buy the magazine for the information. I am awaiting a call for my interview and am pretty nervous. I was expecting my CQ to arrive home any day.I was told it is ok to post this news, and am waiting for a reply about adding a picture. So, until then........it is purples and greens with a bit of gold, lots of laces, dragonflies, and floral elements. I titled my CQ,"Life Within A Garden".
www.quiltingchallenge.com

15 comments:

  1. Wow Pat! That is truly great news!!! Let us know when to vote- It is a shame to see how in quilting competitions, CQ isn't considered viable because they are tied quilts. I am hoping that will change and you are paving the way! Keep us posted! We are waiting with bated breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, this is truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Pat, that is wonderful. I can't wait to see the issue and get to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so exciting. Please let us know when and where to vote when the time comes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Pat. Yes, keep us posted on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Pat!, That's wonderful!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Wonderful news and I'm so pleased for you. I look forward to seeing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news! I am truly thrilled for you!
    Your work deserves this.
    ktj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing the happy dance for you!!! This is great for you...your work is beautiful and you deserve this honor. You have four votes from this household...just let me know where and when...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, congratulations! Sara told about your work, and it IS fantastic. You've got our support. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara sent me..what exciting news this is! I will try to remember to log in and cast a vote or two or two hundred.

    Your work is wonderful!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Pat! I'll be looking for you in the next issue! Good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara sent me too. My word..your work is amazing. Hope you don't mind if I wander around for awhile and look at all the pretties! You've surely got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for the supporting comments about the contest. I am excited to just be in the running. Somewhere I never thought I would be. I am not a very competitive person and the two times I entered such things I sit nervously wondering why I was possessed to do such a thing? It is as if someone took over after my work was completed and said, "You did your part,mine now"! Have you ever felt like that or am I just as crazy as my work?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!