Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pinch me ....I'm dreaming!



Today a local quilt guild, "The String Along Quilt guild", had their show and anual flea market. My mother in law belongs and phoned last night to say there were loads of laces being offered at the flea market. Well, that is all it took to get my attention, the mention of lace. I entered the room and didn't get past the first table. It had bins of laces new and old. I was choosing some goodies when a lady wheeled in a cart with bags of lace on it. Well, she saw my hands were full of lace and stopped the cart beside me and said, "go for it"! As my knees began to buckle, I inspected each bag. The only problem was, you had to buy the whole bag. The good thing was the price. $2 to $3 a 2 gallon ziplock bag. I thought perhaps I was still home in bed dreaming as I kept finding beautiful laces at that price. I bought way too much, but the stuff I don't use will go to the local nursing home or donated to the church resale shop in town. Everyone wins. After my glorious stamen find yesterday, I am overwhelmed by my luck.Here is a sample of my find.

2 comments:

  1. i love lace! i would have liked to go. i think it looks so nice there with the black background. i might even try making my own, using a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful find! I am green with envy!

    don't you just love it when you hit the jackpot?

    Lillian

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!