Saturday, June 17, 2006

Homemade lavender and rose water to sweeten your life

When I iron no matter if it is fabrics for crazy quilting or my clothing ,I always use lavender water to spritz. This leaves a fresh scent that lasts through the day. I make mine by combining 3 Tablespoons of vodka,20 drops of lavender essential oils,3 cps of distilled water, and a handfull of fresh lavender buds. After a few days I strain out the lavender buds and pour the mixture into my spritz bottle. The vodka acts as a preservant so it does not spoil.

I use rose water after a cool bath in the summer by spalshing it on my shoulders and any place I had too much sun. It also acts as an astringent. It is such a light feminine scent to enjoy while swinging on the front porch with a cup of tea in the evening. I am sure there are many recipes out there, but I use the following one:1/4 cup fresh rose petals, 1 cup distilled water, 1/8 cup vodka. Mix in jar with lid,seal tight and set in sun for a day. Strain and pour into pretty vintage perfume bottle. These two formulas can also be spritzed on your bed linens before turning in for the night for guaranteed sweet dreams. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Pat, we must be thinking alike! I just made some lavender water for my ironing this week. I love using it and it makes my quilt blocks smell so nice...

    I'm going to try the rose water....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect recipes for those warm summer days, Pat...

    I have a question (unrelated). I ask here rather than email because others might want to know the answer too.
    On Lillian's blog (crazyseoulsister) she refers to your heat transfer method for getting images onto fabric.
    Would you mind explaining what that is?
    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm going to try the recipe and use it as a cologne (if it works). ^^

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!