Monday, May 29, 2006

New blooms in garden
















It has been 87' the past two days. It was 98' for the Indy 500 yesterday. Whew! Glad I don't attend that anymore. Although it is too hot and humid for me,the plants are loving it. Plenty of rain, heat. Good thing I am deep into a stitching project and don't have to go outside during the day. The purple columbine are so tall this year. They look great next to daisies I think. The wigelia (sp?), and snowball bush (not hydrangea) are so full they are hanging over. I think this has been the best Spring for gardens in a long time. Foxglove and iris are about to open. Poppies opened and were ruined by the rain. They are too delicate I'm afraid. I love their cheerful color even though I am not crazy for orange. Their crepe- like texture is another thing that appeals to me.

1 comment:

  1. Your yard is gorgeous! Such a multi-talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!