Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sewing room remodel




Well, I did get my new sewing cabinets and countertop installed, but what torture it has been to not have the time or space to create in for over a week. I am so used to walk in and start sewing or designing a project. With no countertop (arrived yesterday) I had no place to work. I had to finish a project on the floor which wasn't pleasant for more reasons than one. See, I have this long hair chihuahua named Angell who thinks every time I get on the floor it is time to play or land in my lap demanding I rub her belly. She is the baby of the family, so I can't just ignore her right? Trying to use a portable cutting board, rotary cutter and sewing machine on the floor with Angell in my lap was so frustrating. Perhaps because I had only an hour each day to work and I had hoped to accomplish something. After my countertop arrived yesterday via my brother, I finished my cutting and I really love the room. I had to go to work and only had 45 minutes to try it out. I wanted to stay and play all day. Today my son comes home for Spring break and I am baking and working on the dollhouse which we hope to complete this weekend. I hope tomorrow allows me to work in my room for a few hours. If not, it will start to get ugly around here I'm afraid. :-) The room measures 15'x16'. It is a spare bedroom.

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous work area. And, you are so very organized! I wish you many creative hours in your new workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely cool, light environment for a workroom. I'm glad to see someone has even more threads than I have. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great work space! It must be wonderful to have so much organized storage space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so productive anyway, but this new space will really increase your amazing output. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I envy your room, Oh my word.
    Mine , well it is not for publication. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Pat, what a lovely place to spend the whole day stitching!!! The table looks great to work (and save our backs (column?)!), something we sometimes do not take into account. And I loved your sweet doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the nice comments. I am pleased with the room now. I was working on a dining table and it did not allow me to spread out like we need to do on occasion. It is going to be a pleasure creating now. I just finished a project and now on to finish another. Allie, can you guess which one it is??? Hint: Warm breezes,sunshine,sand......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!