Monday, March 13, 2006

First Stumpwork dragonfly


This was my first Stumpwork dragonfly. I made it with a pale green organza. I can't wait until I can use the new colors I recently found. I need a lot of practice in the wing shape, but having the Stumpwork dragonfly book will help a lot. I didn't realize there were so many shapes and varieties of dragonflies. I am in search of emu leg skin for the bodies. It looks so realistic. I will have to do an online search. The book I have is called 'Stumpwork Dragonflies' by Jane Nicholas. It has a very large variety and excellent directions and supplies used listed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, your dragonfly is fantastic, great stumpwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, could you post the info on the Stumpwork Dragonfly book that you have?

    I love your dragonfly and would like to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!