Thursday, March 16, 2006

Delightful Dye Day

Yesterday I had a delightful Dye day with Ellen. She dyed fabrics and I sopped up her access dye with my 7mm ribbons before she dyed the next color of cottons. With her eye for color, she pulled the ribbons into colors I would never have. The results are naturally my favorites.Her range of colors are glorious. I actually got a peach ribbon! And yes, you do see orange and red ribbons, and they are beautiful. I am not too fond of flat one color ribbons. I have to have freckles or multi tones to be happy with a ribbon.Ellen thinks the same, just go browse her site and see her work which she dyed all the fabrics for. Extrordinary! Now to get stitching!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. The ribbons are beautiful and what a fun day you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had some fun. Those ribbons are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have a friend like yours.........and score all those luscious colours.7mm! wow! you ARE going to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Pat,
    How lovely of Ellen to let you dye play, and come home with such glorious ribbons..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just too yummy....did you list Ellen's site somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well. I found it on your sidebar. I didn't know that was the same Ellen whose book, Thread Magic, I have had for years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful ribbons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ribbons Pat! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!