Friday, January 13, 2006

Newest project



I am one of those people who need to change her environment often. I decided my sewing room needed organizing so I started there. I have many projects going all the time, and this means I have scattered tools and embellishments in boxes and bags which I haven't seen in months. I gathered my cutting tools and layed out the scissors in a fan shape which gave me an idea. I designed this crazy quilted fan and framed it to hold my small embroidery scissors. The print in the center is an old satin image from a Birthday card my father had given to my mother years ago.
This framed piece hangs in my sewing room near my sewing desk. Very handy, and a pretty piece to decorate my room.

5 comments:

  1. Pat, I love this, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:47 PM CST

    I found your blog through a posting you did at "Chain of Hearts". I too am a new member with that group.

    After looking at your work i have no doubt that your hearts will be just as beautiful as this.

    I can't wait to see them. so hurry up get those hearts posted.

    Rainegade_MT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, you always do such smashing work...I'm so glad you started your blog so I can see more of your lovely creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat,

    Your work is absolutely gorgeous! I really love your scissor holder!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!